Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Post Op Apt

Ok so I totally thought that If I said I would sleep well that it would actually happen... Yea right in my dreams, that I didn't have last night due to the fact that I barely slept at all.  This could have been contributed to a number of reasons first and foremost my post op doctors apt where I would be getting the results from the laparoscopy.  It also could have been because  it was my first day back to school after a week off.  Or it could have been that I had class tonight and had already missed one due to the surgery..... If you know me I am very type a and not having perfect attendance stresses me out big time and it was the first class of the semester, where you also know that you feel out how much work the class will actually be, and I wasn't there!

Everything went well and I do have a lot to be thankful for

First for my doctors apt, I do have stage IV endometriosis.  It was in and on both ovaries, on my bladder, Colon, and in my pelvic area.  I had a lot of adhesions and large cyst in both of my ovaries ( we had originally thought only the right, but that was no such luck).  My right ovary needed to be actually opened to remove the cyst so it is currently being held together by stitches and a mesh bag that will dissolve in six weeks....sick!  I almost passed out just looking at the picture thank goodness I didn't go into nursing and choose teaching instead, I
would never have cut it! Anyways I fought tooth and nail not to have to do the 3-4 months of treatment, but when the doctor said to think of it as healing time for my ovary and that if we tried to conceive my ovary could burst he sold me......how easily I fold!!

The med I will be taking for 3-4 months is lupron but I will also be having add on treatments of a low dose of estrogen to keep the side effects down.  Lupron is a once a month injection done at the doctors office, I'm still waiting to figure out the estrogen.  Lupron basically tricks the body into thinking you are going through menopause and stops all ovulation and menstration.  This is defiantly not what I had wanted to do, in fact I was severely opposed initially to doing the lupron but I am more at peace after taking to the doctor.

He also said that after the 3-4 months our best bet was Ivf.  I had come to the terms of moving on to Ivf as there are higher statistic with getting pregnant, more monitoring of the eggs growing, a better chance of getting a good egg, and much more support in the post luteal phase (after ovulation until implantation) which is where we seem to be having the most issues.  Mr. E on the other hand was really hoping we could try as naturally as possible........


I am thankful to have knowledgeable doctors and nurses on our team
I am thankful that the doctor was able to remove almost all of the endometriosis
I am thankful for Mr. E and all that he does to support and uplift me
I am thankful that we will still have the opportunity to try for our miracle
I am thankful for this feeling of peace and calmness

Please Lord help me keep this optimistic outlook for the next 3-4 month!!! ( I'll believe it when I see it!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment