Monday, October 21, 2013

Coulda, woulda, shoulda

We dropped off some donations at goodwill a few days ago and decided to take a look around.  Neither Mr. E nor I were in the mood to bargain hunt, which for me is a rarity!  We did a quick lap and on our way out encountered two men with three children running wild, screaming, and all fighting for attention.  I'm not one to judge, but the man looks at me and say, "never have children," laughs, and walks away.

My immediate response was to smile and pretend I either knew what he was talking about, or pretend that I didn't want children due to the fact that they are so difficult to manage, why would I.  In typical manner I thought of all of the responses I coulda, woulda, shoulda said...



I do want children and have had three miscarriages and am currently on a 3-4 month treatment plan so that my body is in optimal shape to try again, oh and it will probably never happen naturally for us, so we will need to continue the fertility treatment that we have already been doing for just about a year.

Or

If I had children I would never have to use that comment as an excuse because my children would know how to behave in public.

Or

If you spent more time with your children and less time making sarcastic comments to complete strangers about your inabilities to raise children, maybe they would know how to behave and not embarrass you

Or

Sorry you stink at parenting, but I hope not to someday




But the truth is I am not that witty, nor is it fair for me to judge you and your abilities or inabilities to raise children, so I will simply smile, feel the pit in my stomach churn, the hole in my heart grown bigger, continue on my way.  Oh and then blog about you!

No comments:

Post a Comment