Wednesday, February 19, 2014

IVF #1 Transfer!

We had our three days transfer today!  The doctor wanted five day transfer, but I said I would be too disappointed if we waited until five and had none so he "let" us do a three.  When I asked what his reasoning was for a five day the nurse had no explanation so I asked her to please ask if I could do a three day and she said she would.  If I had four plus then I would have been more comfortable with a five day, but I only had what I had.  They didn't have a report on what/how many had made it bc new literature came out that the more you look and move the embryos there is a lesser chance of splitting. I almost screamed in the phone that the literature that I had read said to do a three day transfer if you had less than four, but I didn't and got my way!

I had to repeat to myself over and over again that there is nothing I could do over the last few days.  Probably said it 200 times!  

The actual transfer wasn't bad at all! Not peeing on the doctor, now that was bad but I made it.  The first pee after was a-mazing!  

Now the big news both, meaning two, great quality embryos were transfered.  I fully understand that doesn't mean that both will implant but it makes me feel so much better knowing that we have a slightly higher chance of having ONE healthy baby!   

Tonight we had to do two big needle shots, one hcg and one progesterone and I almost passed out, not fun!  Guess we are PUPO and so happy about it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment