Sunday, February 16, 2014

IVF #1 Retrieval

Ta daaaaaa, we triggered Friday night at 10 and it wasn't half as bad as I anticipated it to be.  Then next day however I was rather sore!  Mr. E did a great job and I was so proud of how he handled it!

I tried to stay busy yesterday and off the internet, because it only increases my anxiety about all of this. Mr. E has a pretty bad cold so we laid low Friday night and Saturday but it was nice to relax and have no obligations.

Today I woke up at 6:43, showered, and then we headed out to the egg retrieval. It was so calm, easy, and quick, that is after they got the IV in!  Luckily I had a great nurse who got the IV in on the first time!  I was very nervous about that but he did awesome.  We were the only people there and it felt very special to have the entire facility to ourselves!  The actual procedure was simple, they did a "timeout" and then I was out!  It was a bit awkward putting my legs up in the very wide stirrups with nothing covering me, but how many lady parts do those people see, hundreds so mine isn't any different.  Then I woke up in the recliner and about an hour later we left!  I did have a bit of cramping on my right but nothing more than a 6 so I'll take it.  Now I'm having a bit more cramping.  Very minimal bleeding.

When we were walking out they said we got five eggs and we will know tomorrow how many were mature and fertilized.  We will then do a 2-5 day transfer, tomorrow is day one.  Very excited and nervous about all that is to come but only time will tell!

Oh and here's our med list for the next few days until transfer, then a whole new regiment!

-Heparin am and pm
-Aspirin pm
-Antibiotic am and pm
-Starting Tuesday PIO pm

No comments:

Post a Comment