Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving

So we are a few days past thanksgiving, which in the teachers world means report cards and conferences, so apologies for not writing, but it's been a bit crazy.  Anyways, I typically love thanksgiving because it is the start of the holiday festivities, a year ending, and a new one on the horizon (oh, and the beginning of Christmas music being some what tolerated by Mr. E).  However this year I am a bit apprehensive of all of it.  While I know I have a lot to be thankful for, it can be difficult to always see the positives instead of harping on what we don't have simply because I am still grieving the losses from this passed year.

It's very difficult to see the world continuing on as it always does and always will, although I feel like a different person.  I see things through a new set of eyes, not necessarily in a better or worse set, just different.   In some ways I am stronger, and in some ways I am weaker.  My perspective on life has changed throughout all of this, but above all I think I am more apprehensive of new things.  I also have begun to understand the harsh reality that there are no guarantees in life.

Still sitting around waiting.......

No comments:

Post a Comment