Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thankbook posts

I don't literally mean that I have a book of things that I am thankful for, although maybe it would be a useful tool to reference so that I not as cynical, but it's the nickname I have created for the new phenomena that occurs in the month of November on Facebook.  People feel the need to share all of the various reasons why they are thankful, each day, publicly, for all the internet world to see.  

First of all, is there some kind of "thankful quote bank" somewhere that I don't know about, because every single person has the same types of posts about family, jobs, spouses, and kids.  The reason that I do not like it is because most people posts are very superficial or braggy.  Shouldn't you be telling that person or people directly, not posting it on the internet?  Does it feel more real to you to tell the entire world, is your logic that maybe if you say it enough you will start to believe it (believe me I've tried this in other realms of my life).  Is this a facade or are you trying to prove to the world that you love this person or thing more than anyone else? Or has our world changed so much that everyone sits behind computer screens and posts their feelings to put on a show?  I think that is what Annoys me, don't try and prove to others by posting it on Facebook, prove to that person IN person! I just don't get it, but too each their own! 

No comments:

Post a Comment