Sunday, December 15, 2013

Lupron -Week Six Through Nine

As usual, it wasn't half as bad as I thought, in fact she didn't even announce it because the principal forgot to ask for celebrations.  Crisis averted!!

Short recap, I had one shot of lupron on 10/11 and then didn't do the second one on 11/8.  It's been a total of 9 weeks 2 days (said with sarcasm) since the first shot, and still haven't ovulated or gotten a period.  I was hoping to have started my period by now, but in true form, I don't always get what I want.  For the last week I have been having pretty much constant uterus twitching, at all hours of the day.  It's really awkward and uncomfortable, but doesn't hurt and causes no pain.  I have had a few painful cramps and then think to myself, oh I must have just ovulated, but then I take an OPK and it's still negative.

The only other issue (side effect) that I have had has been annoying is that about two weeks ago, week 8 since the first shot, I got 3 migraines in one week.  One Tuesday around 11 at work, the next Thursday around 12, then the last Sunday around 9 pm.  I called the RE and they said it isn't a normal side effect of lupron if I didn't have them when I initially got the shot.  So armed with that knowledge I went to my general doctor, and he prescribed some migraine meds and chalked it up to stress and hormones.  Of course since then I've been migraine free!!  That day I also got a blood draw to check my levels and my estrogen was around 142, progesterone 0.81, so it looks like I'm about to ovulate as of a week ago, but still haven't.   Still sitting around waiting.  This waiting thing is not a strong suit of mine, I'm just saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment