Wednesday, April 16, 2014

IUI #5

We didn't really have an iui so I guess this cycle will just be called half-ass!  We ended up triggering Saturday night, March 29th, at 7pm and the cab picked us up for vacation at 12:15 am, Sunday March 30th! Obviously we didn't do an iui, just au natural and as I expected, it was a big fat negative.  Why would it have worked?  We tried the natural route minus the medicine for 13 months before the RE's route.

I just have no more words (as hard as that may be to believe).   Just annoyed, frustrated, pissed, feel like its so unfair, but in some sick way I'm somehow looking forward to moving onto IVF #2.

Anyways, we spent a magical week in Puerto Vallarta, 82 degrees and sunny everyday.  It was just what the doctor ordered........ except for the negative beta :/

I think everyone should go away right after a cycle because I truly felt alive and normal again.  I could walk around and not have anyone wondering if this would finally be our month, no one was asking how I was with an awkward pause because what they really meant is what is really going on, and no one looking at me with sad eyes.

Today when I went for my beta I asked about the recurrent pregnancy loss panel (RPL).  I thought that I had completed it all but couldn't find the results in my portal or place where all my blood work gets posted.  When I asked the nurse she said I only had about five done so I requested that I have the complete panel done.

The great thing about being with this larger clinic is that one of the doctor is a reproductive immunologist so I also asked if I should consult with her.  The nurse said that she would ask but that they would probably run the rpl panel then when I get pregnant we would consult with the other doctor.  I'm going to ask again when I talk to the nurse again tomorrow, but that's the plan for now.

When we spoke with the doctor after our loss we decided to do a short flare protocol to see how I respond to that, so I have to call the IVF coordinator tomorrow and hopefully know more then.

No comments:

Post a Comment