Tuesday, November 4, 2014

IVF #2 Week 28

So I haven't written in a while and I am so sorry. While I do believe this blog has allowed me to vent, distress, get some stuff off my shoulders, and just ramble, I also feel horrible for not continuing it like I had been doing before, when I really needed it.  I dropped it when I was to busy.

In my defense though, I started back to school, teaching, in a new position and it has been all time, mind, and energy consuming.  I'm finally getting into a routine and it feels great.  I love my new job and love being able to teach 46 kindergarteners each day.  They are learning and growing every second, just like our little guy.....

You heard that correctly, we are growing a little man! I guessed it would be a boy, but Mr. E. thought girl.  I am one of two girls, and I have four girl cousins and one boy cousin, so boys weren't really our thing.  The first thing my mom said was, "what are we going to do with a boy". I was initially offended, obviously, but I was definitely nervously thinking that!

Guess it will just be new for all of us!

I don't even know where to begin but that we are 28 weeks, going on 29.  I honestly didn't know if we would or could ever get to this point but somehow here we are.  About 2 months ago I finally let myself begin to process that we may, I repeat, may have a baby with us.  In the fertility world, or maybe just my world, I am and was so nervous that if I believed in a cycle or pregnancy that I would jinx it and it wouldn't happen.  I can truthfully say now that as I feel him move and kick around that there is a great possibility that this may really happen!

So let's back track......

I continued to spot through 15 weeks then it slowly stared to tapper off.  All of our testing (quad p, 13 week, and 20 week) has come back normal so that is a huge relief.

At 23 weeks we think I lost my mucus plug as I had some chunks come out on that Sunday.  I didn't call until Monday where they rushed me in, did a few cultures, and set me up on the fetal monitoring thing and sure enough I was having contractions. I spend the afternoon in labor and delivery (l&d) and my fetal fibronectine (fft) came back positive.  Apparently a negative is a better indicator and what they are looking for, as it means you won't deliver in the next 7-10 days, a positive means you have a 20% chance of delivering, so not good but also not the end of the world.

I then got a shot to stop the contractions and it worked. Everything was still closed and high so I went home with minimal directions but to go directly back if I had more than 5 contractions in an hour.

Well........ We returned that Wednesday, two days later, because I was having about 6 an hour.  I got another shot, another positive fft, but everything was closed and high, thank goodness.  While I contracted once after the shot I was sent home to rest but not be on bed rest.

I went to the doctor the next Monday and we concluded that this will probably just be my new normal.  I will have these contractions for the rest of the pregnancy and unless I have a lot of pressure or bleeding it is probably ok.  So since then I've been having them pretty regularly at about 6-20 minutes apart and there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason.

While I threw the word braxton hicks out there one doctor said yes, my doctor said probably.  In all honesty I wish that he would just say yes because that would make me feel better! I see him at my next apt so I'll press him for an answer!

Medically that's about all I have, we started the nursery after the scare, neither Mr. E. nor I wanted to start it because we were nervous we would jinx it, but we did.  We have one shower in two weeks and then another in December.  It's truly a dream to be here , where we are today...... And I thank god everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment